Being online is very important nowadays. Everyone have their interests in various fields and sharing your knowledge through a blog is one of the best ways to showcase your work and network with people who have the same profile. Whether you're writing about your personal experiences or movies or stories or your business, you need a blog. You Can know why people start blogging here. In this series of tutorials, I'll help you build WordPress Blog for free from the ground up.
About 27% of the Websites on the Internet are built with WordPress which accounts to about 80 Million Websites.
1. How Web & Blog works
Before getting your hands dirty, we'll learn the basics of all. This will help us better understand the concepts later in the tutorials. You can skip this section if you already have the necessary knowledge.
- How does the Internet work?
- What is the Web?
- What is a blog?
- Some Terms to know(or understand) so that you don't get scared when you hear them
- Web Site
- Web Server
- Search Engine
- POP, IMAP & SMTP
- WordPress Plugins
- & some more.
2. Planning & Structuring
To build a blog, we must first plan & structure it. Section two of "Build WordPress Blog for Free" Series.
- Planning our blog
- Make a rough Structure
- Registering a Free Dummy Site
- Understanding WordPress Practically
3. Going live & Security
The next step will be to make our blog live and apply settings to stay secure on the internet.
- Domain Registration
- Hosting Registration
- Free SSL Configuration
- Adding some necessary must-have plugins
- Free Security Plugin
- Backing up your blog
4. Marketing & Speed
Building a blog is 60% work, 40% accounts for marketing. In this section, we'll add our site to Google search & Bing Search. We'll optimize our site to work with Accelerated Mobile Pages(AMP) - a New tool by Google to speed up page loading while searching from mobile.
- Adding our site to Google search & Bing Search
- Working with Google search Console
- Applying Google Analytics
- Adding Push Notifications to your blog
- Adding Chat Application
- Configuring Accelerated Mobile Pages(AMP) - a New tool by Google to speed up page loading while searching from mobile.
- Managing Facebook Comments Plugin
- Using Tools to collect emails for the newsletter, sharing posts, etc.
Note: This tutorial is good to go for users who want to get started with WordPress & build it for free. Free resources from this course will have some limitations and will work for your blog if it has fewer visitors. You may need to upgrade(pay) to get extra resources when your traffic is high, or you want to scale your blog.
Here's the Part 2 of this series - The Basics